Traduire/ Translate

Thursday, October 5, 2017

GDT for Frilly and Funkie

Good day everyone,

I'm very trilled and honored to be GDT for Frilly and Funkie for this challenge
you have until October 10th left to participate, the theme is Show us your stamps


For the pas months I have found a new love, Mixed media
This is the first time I add stamped images to my background 
I used Heavy chipboard for the cover, applied white Gesso, 
you can't see much but I actually added some stenciling and for the finish I 
used Distress Oxide in 2 tones, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Iced Spruce


This is where the fun starts, I used IOD molds with clay, flowers,
coagulated cardboard, beads, dies cuts, metal embellies 
covered everything with white Gesso


For the final touch I used inks and waxes and played around until I reached 
the finish I was looking for.  Since I'm new at this when I was done I had so many
different inks and waxes that I'm not sure of the final recipe
I did use Finnabair products and love how the waxes and inks are permanent
The camera does not do justice,because in real life there is a beautiful shimmer

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day
Louise

1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a beauty! I love every detail. Thanks so much for being our guest. Big hugs, Autumn